By keeping a selection of essential medications at home you can treat common conditions in a timely manner, avoid unnecessary rips to see your doctor and/or visits to the A&E department.
What to Keep in Your Medicines Cabinet
The following medications can be bought from pharmacies or your local supermarket and are generally cheaper than buying them on prescription.
- Simple pain killers like paracetamol and ibuprofen
- Sore throat, coughs, colds and flu medications
- Heartburn and indigestion remedies
- Anti-Diarrhoea medication
- Rehydration salts
- Allergy Medicines
- Pile (haemorrhoid) treatments
- First aid kit including plasters and bandages
Speak to your local pharmacist about stocking up on your medicines cabinet to treat common conditions for you and your family.